Jump to Navigation

Battered Spouse, Child or Parent

  • Battered spouses and children may apply for Permanent Residents on their own behalf based on their relationship to the abuser;
  • Self-Petitioner must be spouse of U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident when petition is filed;
  • Self-petitioner is person of good moral character;
  • Self-Petitioner resided with abuser in U.S.;
  • The marriage was entered into in good faith;
  • During the marriage, the alien or the alien's child was battered or the subject of extreme cruelty;
  • Elderly abuse victims may also self-petition if they have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by their adult U.S. Citizen son or daughter.

J. Bruce Weinman, Esq.

Quick Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email: [email protected]

Attorney Advertising